January 2023 for beginners

More
1 year 5 months ago #570 by KrisBoultbee
Is this series appropriate for someone who has no experience running IndyCars on ovals yet? It'd be nice to have a safe place to learn with some help potentially if that's the kind of things you guys do. Of course if my skill level doesn't meet the driver requirements (which I've not managed to find) I would stay away. I'm just looking for some input to see if this would be a good fit for me before I plunked down the money to buy the IR18.

Kris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #571 by GlennP
Replied by GlennP on topic January 2023 for beginners
Kris Saturday mornings would be a great place to start! It is newbie friendly. For most series our only requirement is that you can control your car, hold a straight line and not be a hazard on the track to other drivers.Also, I'm sure that the drivers that participate are more than willing to answer questions and help you become a better driver.

More
1 year 5 months ago #573 by KrisBoultbee
Thank you Glenn.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #576 by MarkAndersen
Hi Kris!  I run the Saturday Victory IndyCar Series and we would be glad to have you join us.  We have one member, Jasper Van Lienden, who is happy to help new drivers.  Our practice is on the hosted server starting at 10 am ET and if you would like to join during that time, I could arrange for Jasper or myself to be there to help you get going.  Let me know if you are planning to be there and I will make sure one of us is there too.  We then run a race on our League server after the practice at 11 am ET. 

-Mark
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by MarkAndersen.

More
1 year 5 months ago #586 by KrisBoultbee
I bit the bullet and decided to by the IR-18, so I'll most likely be there this Saturday to give this thing a go. I'll get some seat time in before Saturday of course, but I'll nee to know all the other things I need to have setup before I get in there. I dug around a little (and I'll keep digging) but I'd like to know a few things:
1. Do I need to have Discord setup for audio? I've not done this ever so I'll probably need a little hand holding to get that up and running
2. I see we're running Motegi, is this the oval or the road course?
3. What ballpark of laptimes should I really get to to not always be a rolling chicane? (I'm not expecting top splits here, just not to be in the way lap after lap like Milka)

More
1 year 5 months ago #587 by GlennP
Replied by GlennP on topic January 2023 for beginners
Kris you do not need Discord for Saturday mornings. We only require Discord for our Tuesday Cup series. Tonight (Friday 2/17) we will run a practice session before our Cup race and between 8-8:30pm EST we will help people get Discord setup on their computer. My suggestion is you download Discord onto your pc ahead of time. Make sure you write down any user names and passwords you set to make it easier when you join our Discord server.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds