Sunday GT Future

More
1 year 11 months ago #523 by GlennP
Sunday GT Future was created by GlennP
Gentlemen, I wanted to give everyone an update on my status with the Sunday night series,
The Crown of Life series was born in the midst of the Covid pandemic in 2020. No one was having "in-person" services on Sunday morning. Everyone was staying home. No place to go, nothing to do!  While my church never actually closed, as a staff we were still having church on Sunday morning and streaming "live" to our congregation. So it was only 1 service. I was back home by 10am and sitting comfortably on the couch in my sweats. As a couple should do, I had a conversation with my wife about starting a race series on Sunday night. She agreed, again no where to go nothing to do. We started simple with the Cadillac CTS-V utilizing "included content" tracks so everyone could participate. The series evolved to something more challenging, the V8 Supercars, then to the GTE cars for the 2021 year. The GTE year was by far the best attended. A change was made for 2022, moving to the GT3 cars as IMSA and iRacing were in the middle of making changes to their classes and adding new cars while dropping GTE. It's now been over 2 1/2 years for this series. It seems as if this Summer has shown us that life is finally returning to normal. People are not staying home, they're going on vacation, having picnics, going out with friends and enjoying life. As we all should be! Things are much different then they were 12 or 24 months ago.
Our last season showed a drop in participation.  As a result, I postponed our Summer season. My life is also changing as it is directly affected by my church/job. We have returned to a mid-week service after 2+ years, and attendance is better than before!  Our Sunday attendance, 2 services, has been pushing over 800+ the past 6 weeks! And that does not include all the people still on Summer vacations before the kids go back to school. Over the next 4 weeks we're expecting attendance to drastically increase and most likely returning to a 3rd Sunday service. These are all GREAT things. These are all IMPORTANT things in the kingdom.  This is what I need to focus on, for my job. With that being said, at the moment I have no plans to restart the Crown of Life series. Only because I will not have the time I did the past 2 years. That's not to say someone else couldn't take over and run the series if they were interested.  I just felt that I owe the members an explanation and update so you could be prepared and understand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #525 by MikeWeisberg
Replied by MikeWeisberg on topic Sunday GT Future
Thank you for running the series as long as you did.  I know I had a great time running in it.   

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds