Username Password: Remember me

The RFJ SoulShift Series
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: The RFJ SoulShift Series

The RFJ SoulShift Series 3 weeks, 4 days ago #11704

• Scoke
  • Admin
Announcing in our group before going public on our FB page - the new RFJ Sim Racing SoulShift Series, launching this spring (in just a couple of weeks)!

The RFJ SoulShift Series will focus on multi-discipline racing utilizing a healthy portion of iRacing's free content mixed in with some new sights and challenges. No need to know how to tune a car - fixed setups will be used for all tracks. We'll launch our series with the fan-favorite iRacing Street Stock, followed up by the ever-versatile INEX Legends cars. Season 1 will close out with the daring iRX cars, featuring the Ford Fiesta ST WRC, the Subaru WRX, and the (free!) Volkswagen Beetle.

Expect the track selection to cover almost every discipline featured on iRacing. The Street Stocks and Legends cars will share similar schedules & track selections featuring both paved and dirt short tracks along with some speedways and road courses. The RallyCross cars will be racing on rallycross tracks of course, but expect to see some paved road courses featured as well. Check out the schedule for the inaugural SoulShift season for the street stocks here:

www.danlisa.com/scoring/season_schedule....id=10402&schid=0

Tired of long 50 lap street stock races held everywhere on the iRacing service? The SoulShift Series races will feature race lengths which are similar to how they are in real-life races, complimented by heat races to set the field and to give you more race time before the feature. Worried cautions will cut down on your racing time? SoulShift has your fix, as caution laps will no longer count for race distance thanks to iRacing's brand new DNC (Do Not Count) Cautions feature. Safe racing (low incident ratings) will also be rewarded with bonus points given towards your championship run.

More info coming soon. Got questions? PM me or ask in the comments below. I'm hoping to get a test race going this coming Thursday for anyone who is interested.

Looking forward to seeing you on the track soon! Be sure to register your car number below in the comments.
Attachments:

Re: The RFJ SoulShift Series 2 weeks, 6 days ago #11707

• Scoke
  • Admin
I'm planning on hosting a pre-season Street Stock race tonight at 9pm EST to test out the cars and the new formatting. It has been a while since I've hosted a race, so I'd like to give myself a test run to smooth out any "glitches" in our programming. There will be a 30 min practice session followed by a short qualifying session, heat race(s), and of course, the feature.

Of these three tracks, which would you want to race on the most tonight?

Texas Motor Speedway '09 - Legends Oval
Oxford Plains
Lanier - Paved

Also, don't forget to reserve your car number! I'll be racing #15 once again.

Re: The RFJ SoulShift Series 2 weeks, 6 days ago #11708

• GlennP
  • Admin
Personally I think Lanier would be the more typical oval track to run a test race. Texas you'd be dealing with the front stretch transitions, Oxford you're turning most of the time. Just my opinion. And I don't think many will see this post here in forums due to lack of traffic. I hope you post on FB page and Fellowship Paddock.

Re: The RFJ SoulShift Series 2 weeks, 6 days ago #11709

• Scoke
  • Admin
Tonight's pre-season street stock race for the new SoulShift Series will be taking place at Lanier (Asphalt). The password will be "CHR1ST" and the server is set to launch at 9:00 PM EST. Setups will be fixed.

There will be 30 minutes of practice followed by a short 2-lap qualifying session. Heats will take place immediately after qualifying and will be 10 laps long. All heat participants will advance to feature. There will be no inversion or consolation heat.

Tonight's feature will be 20 laps long. Restarts will be double file with lapped at back. Single-file restarts are turned on if we can't go one lap without a caution after a restart. Wave arounds will be active. Caution laps will not count for race length. NO FAST REPAIRS. Incident limit is set for a 3-strike rule - 12 incident points will get you booted (the equivalent of hitting 3 cars to cause a significant incident/caution).

Hope to see you there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeeOToole
  • Page:
Moderators: Scoke
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Joomla!. XHTML and CSS.