Username Password: Remember me

360 Schedule and information
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 360 Schedule and information

Re: 360 Schedule and information 2 months, 1 week ago #10800

• GlennP
  • Admin
Now if we can continue to get a decent crowds to turn out every week, we should have some competitive racing! I think it's great we can run both classes on the same night!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KenOsborne

Re: 360 Schedule and information 1 month, 3 weeks ago #10810

Had fun last night. Not a big fan of fixed setups, especially on dirt but it was fun. Plan to be back next Wednesday.

Re: 360 Schedule and information 1 month, 3 weeks ago #10811

• GlennP
  • Admin
Jeffrey glad you joined us. We keep our 360 schedule fixed to help drivers focus on their control of the car, not the setup. If you can prove your driving skill and ability to control your car you may be invited to join the 410 series. They are currently using fixed setup for the first season, but will switch to open setups next season.

Re: 360 Schedule and information 1 month, 2 weeks ago #10815

I know I'm knew here but right now there is nothing separating the league really from the official 360 races, other then being fixed, which some will like and some won't. I understand with the time restraints of running the 410's right after that there isn't much you could do right now. But in my opinion running some heats or inverting part of the field or something that gives it a spice of different would make it funner. IDK maybe it's just because I don't like Lanier in the wing, love it in the non-wing and mod though so it's strange. LOL

I also think there needs to be a quantitative definition of what it takes to move up to the 410. Something like say X amount of races in the 360 with a avg of X amount of inc. To me "prove you can control the car" doesn't really tell anyone what they need to do. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Also where's the driver list that was referenced last night? I don't see one in this forum.
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by JeffreyEverroad.

Re: 360 Schedule and information 1 month, 2 weeks ago #10816

• Scoke
  • Admin
JeffreyEverroad wrote:
I know I'm knew here but right now there is nothing separating the league really from the official 360 races, other then being fixed, which some will like and some won't. I understand with the time restraints of running the 410's right after that there isn't much you could do right now. But in my opinion running some heats or inverting part of the field or something that gives it a spice of different would make it funner. IDK maybe it's just because I don't like Lanier in the wing, love it in the non-wing and mod though so it's strange.

We began the 360 series by having heat races, but two things happened. One, participation dropped a tad and we couldn't justify the heat race, as heat splits only had a few guys in them. Now that participation is going up again, we can look at adding it once more. However, that takes me to point 2. Official heat race implementation for iRacing is coming very soon with the release of the rallycross series, and that will more than likely change up how we set the stage for our events. I don't foresee us needing to do the tournament format to use the heat races, but I could be wrong. We'll just have to see when that comes out.

The other factor is the 410 racing that immediately follows the 360 events, but that may change after this season as well. We're still experiencing some growing pains and finding ways to set us apart from other leagues and the official races. We have some ideas on the table but with iRacing coming out with new things for dirt, we don't want to show our cards just yet. If you're having a good time with us, though, be sure to invite those you know that would enjoy racing in a series like this so we can justify the heat racing and such.

JeffreyEverroad" wrote:
I also think there needs to be a quantitative definition of what it takes to move up to the 410. Something like say X amount of races in the 360 with a avg of X amount of inc. To me "prove you can control the car" doesn't really tell anyone what they need to do. Anyway just my 2 cents.

I understand what you're saying, but while a quantitative definition may help in some cases, in others it will fail. For instance, if someone is super good with the 360, is super respectful of his fellow competitors, and blows away the field without getting a single incident point, I'd say that driver deserves a chance with the 410. Also, incidents are very subjective. As you well know, incident points can be accrued by no fault of your own if a driver wrecks in front of you, or hits you in the rear, or (heaven forbid) a netcode issue. Incident points cannot objectively show the quality of a driver's race; a subjective viewpoint needs to be had. For instance, you can swerve around in the rear the whole race and as long as you don't hit anything or anyone, you still get 0 incident points, even though you'll finish in the rear. We would obviously not want someone that does that doing so in the faster and twitchier 410 cars. Someone could win the race with 6 incident points because they dodged two wrecks with bumps and bruises to show for it while wheeling a damaged car to victory lane. Driving sprints is hard enough - driving them in a proper racing line with damage is something else. Subjectivity is needed to judge the skill level of drivers.

Also, some folks may be looking for just a 410 series to meet their skill level, and won't want to spend a lot of time in the 360s just to jump into the 410. We're looking at a potential loss in participation if we force folks to race in the 360s for a certain amount of races. With so many dirt series out there, especially for the sprints, it's hard to retain a high participation level. The 410 series is new to this season - most folks that are in it have already proven themselves in the 360 cars for many races, and those that haven't are folks that have raced with us in the past and have proven their quality within the league. Hope this makes sense.

JeffreyEverroad" wrote:
Also where's the driver list that was referenced last night? I don't see one in this forum.

It's a bit hard to find, I'll give you that. We apologize! Maybe someone here who is an admin can sticky it? www.racingforjesus.com/joomla_15/index.p...=10632&Itemid=71
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Scoke.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Joomla!. XHTML and CSS.