Home RFJ Menu RFJ Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Taking a break
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Taking a break

Taking a break 2 weeks, 4 days ago #11537

After many years of Saturday morning IndyCar races, I felt it was time to take a break. Not unlike the real series, there is a season and an off-season. Recent participation numbers, have given me pause to reflect that it is time for a break.

I am considering a mixed series for Saturday mornings in November or December. The series would consist of 4 different track and car combinations: Dirt Sprint 305s, Ferrari GT3, XFinity, and IndyCar.

I would welcome your thoughts on the idea.

Re: Taking a break 2 weeks, 4 days ago #11538

• GlennP
  • Admin
Rick thank you for your dedication as an admin for the Saturday morning series for such a long time! Enjoy your break, you deserve it. I hope members express their appreciation for what you have done for the league. I also hope they share their thoughts on your ideas for future racing.

Re: Taking a break 2 weeks, 1 day ago #11544

Yes, Rick; thanks for organizing this. I really enjoyed participating last season as all of the other weekly series take place too late for an old geezer like me. I would love a series with a low-downforce car like the MX-5, Porsche Cup, or GT3, but I haven't seen much interest so I'm afraid the participation would be low.

Re: Taking a break 2 weeks ago #11545

• GlennP
  • Admin
Being an admin and running a series is usually pretty simple. Deciding on what type of series to run is the hard part. Day/Time is impacted by peoples lives/work/church schedule etc. But it should be convenient for the admin since he is taking the time to run the series. As far as the details car/tracks/format/season length etc that is where members become picky. For some, unless it is exactly what they like they won't run it! Others don't care because they just like the fellowship, any kind of racing or actually like to be challenged by something different. I am of the mindset that if I'm going to commit my time to admin a series, I want drivers to commit to participating. It's harder to be a no-show when you put your name on the dotted line! I would first ask who can race on the day/time you choose, then ask those drivers what they would like to race. You can either race what you as the admin want, regardless of participation numbers. Or you can poll your participants to see what will keep them interested in coming back every week. Whatever you do, don't be discouraged!! Everyone finds their niche at RFJ and each series contributes in it's own unique way to the overall league.

Re: Taking a break 2 weeks ago #11546

• GlennP
  • Admin
To give everyone an idea of what we've done in the past, here is the format that was used back in 2009. I'm guessing that you could do something similar with 3 different cars and award 3 different winners each week:
January 10, 2009
This week's tracks:
Tracks: Sonoma, Virginia, and JAX BR (Florida) - 10% races, 3x tire/fuel, penalty flags only, 9:00 am ET Qualify.
Simulator: rFactor TPSCC v1.9.3b COT mod
Server: Racing For Jesus
Password: No Password
Note: No restarts after the green flag flies, except if over 50% of the field is involved in an incident on the first lap.
To be added to the mailing list email to the address below and type Add SMS in the Subject line.

This was posted in "The Pits" forum which was running rFactor and the TPSCC mod. You could post something similar in the official iRacing forums and have them email you direct about participation.
  • Page:
Moderators: Rick Pedersen
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Joomla!. XHTML and CSS.