Home RFJ Menu RFJ Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Eternity Series Changes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eternity Series Changes

Eternity Series Changes 1 year, 9 months ago #11012

Due to the regular disasters running open races is causing, we will be switching the Eternity Series back to the League area only. In order to do that, we need RFJ members to come out and participate. Monday nights are a good chance to learn a track and get some seat time without worrying about setups and a lot of cautions. Hope to see you there!
- Mark Andersen, RFJ Admin

Re: Eternity Series Changes 1 year, 9 months ago #11013

• GlennP
  • Admin
Mark as much as I wish I could race every night of the week I can't. I have always been committed to our full-season cup series, whatever night we raced on. And I have been helping Mike Holland and Scott Kelly on Wednesday nights in an attempt to grow our league and attract new members with different racing disciplines. And I believe we have been very successful with keeping these new members. But we have had a few seasons that failed in terms of what we were expecting for participation. We found that our Street Stock series was successful, but the Legend series was not well attended. We found that, to our surprise, there was a lot of interest/participation with the Skip Barber cars. The 305 and 360 winged dirt cars was well attended, the 410 series was not. So while we've had some good ideas for fun series, ultimately the driver attendance determines what we do or do not for new series. Despite what we as admins want to run. Maybe it's possible that the Monday format is not appealing to as many drivers?
Our Tuesday night numbers have been down as well, so it's not just Monday. It doesn't seem like as many people are as committed to racing every week as they once were. I try to read through the iRacing forums for my club/area for new people starting to get involved and send them a PM inviting them to race with us! The generic weekly post doesn't usually do anything.
If there is anything I can do to help, outside of racing, please let me know.

Re: Eternity Series Changes 1 year, 9 months ago #11014

I looked for the race last night and checked back a few times and never saw it. Did it start late?

Re: Eternity Series Changes 1 year, 9 months ago #11016

Yes, I forgot to set it up, so I set it up about 8:50pm

Re: Eternity Series Changes 1 year, 9 months ago #11017

Thanks Glenn. Actually participation by RFJ members hasn't been too bad of late, so I just want to encourage those who are coming to continue. I run this type of race because it is what I like to do as someone who doesn't spend a whole lot of time sim racing. If we can have a decent amount of guys attend, we will be fine. If not, we'll think of something or end it all together.

Re: Eternity Series Changes 1 year, 9 months ago #11018

• GlennP
  • Admin
Every Tuesday and Wednesday night after our drivers meeting and before prayer/praise we always promote all our series and encourage drivers to participate. It's good to hear the member participation hasn't been bad lately!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanEnglish
  • Page:
Moderators: MarkAndersen
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Joomla!. XHTML and CSS.